Sunday, November 18, 2007

Shopping Day



What a day I had yesterday....Wati & I went on our annual fall shopping excursion. We had this trip planned for several weeks to go to Ashburn, Va to a scrapbooking store there to meet one of our scrapbook idols.... Danelle Johnson of Art Warehouse.
She is the wonderful designer of the Art Warehouse clear stamps that we have all been buying and loving to use. She is also one of the creators behind the masterpiece of the new, awesome Creative Cafe.
What a pleasure it was to meet her and talk with her. She is such a nice lady and had lots of wonderful news to give us. Plus as an added bonus, she gave us a free prize...(each of us got one of the new flower die cut sheets for Creative Cafe)

After we left Ashburn, we headed south on 95 and stopped at Potomac Mills to shop at Recollections. I love that scrapbook store, they always have such nice Christmas displays out to show. If that wasn't enough, when we left there we quickly stopped by the big Micheals right next door to Recollections. We did not get too excited, as they didn't have any different scrapbooking items than our local Micheals. So then we got back on the road and kept going more south. Only to find ourselves in Fredericksburg... we had to hit all of the scrapbooking stores there too. We went to The Croppers Corner, Scrapdoodles & A.C. Moore. We finally finished shopping at 9:00 p.m., only because we had to all the stores closed at 9:00. By then we were starving, we ended our day of adventure with a nice meal at The Olive Garden.

It's a good thing we only do this trip once a year!!! We didn't make it back to Colonial Heights until midnight. It was all worth it!!
Can hardly wait until next year :)

1 comment:

Kim Rogers said...

Hi Tina -I just moved to Vero Beach from Frederickburg and met your dear mom!! I love her and wow is she talented!! And she swears you are even more so! I wish I had connected with you while I was there. You visited one of my very favorite places in F'Burg (my home away from home)on your shopping spree - The Croppers Corner. Those have to be the most wonderful people in the world. I spent every Friday night there (I lived in a small apt) and did every one of their weekend special crops. I miss them so much but meeting your mom and others at the Salvation Army crops has been wonderful. And now, in my house, I have my own scrap room and that's a whole lot easier :) Hope I get to meet you someday. Enjoy that crisp fall weather!! I miss it terribly! And enjoy your mother while she's there. I'm sure you'll crop til you drop :)