Thursday, November 12, 2009

customized lemon clock

Well I have started a new home project….I am re~decorating my kitchen.  Bye, Bye country apples and hello to a lighter and brighter a little bit more modernized lemons & limes kitchen.  I have started taking down all my apple decor and buying new things here and there for my new kitchen. I wish I could get new cabinets, tile floor, tile back splash and chair rail. But for now a fresh coat of yellow paint, eggshell trim, new curtains, rugs and all new decor will have to do.

My new favorite place to shop for home decor is Ross, Marshalls & Pier 1 imports. My other FAVORITE place to check out is Etsy online. For one of a kind, unique, homemade items that you just can’t find in any department store.  I have been spending a lot of time here lately online searching all kinds of lemons & limes decor. I just hit the jackpot!!! I was in search of a clock with lemons and did lots of google searches and there wasn’t a lot out there to choose from. Seems like the ones I would find that had lemons on it also had all other fruits too, and that was not what I was looking for.

lemon plate

Here is the dishes I found at Pier 1 imports aren’t they to die for!!! I just love them!!

I found a lady’s store on Etsy  (makingtimetc) that makes clocks from plates so I thought what a neat idea, I sent her a message and asked her if she could customize a plate for me with the dishes I found at Pier 1 imports. She responded and said she would be happy to and she had a Pier 1 near her so she would go pick up the plate and make it for me. Within two days she bought the plate and made the clock and sent me a message showing me the pictures with the finished product. OMG!!!! Talk about awesome fast service and beautiful work…she is amazing!!! I would recommend you checking out her Etsy store and if you are in need of a clock she may have what your looking for or can customize one for you too :)

I can’t wait to get my walls painted so I can hang up my new clock…see it’s the little things that make me happy I am getting so excited over a clock!

lemon clock 2 lemon clock 1

And here is the finished product made by: makingtimetc on Etsy (click on the name for a direct link to her Etsy store)

No comments: