Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bird Watching

One of the things Mom & I enjoyed doing one afternoon while she was visiting was to watch the birds at the bird feeders. We have some of the most beautiful wild birds that come to our feeders in the spring they vary from yellow birds, blue birds, cardinals, doves, gray & black finches, robins & even big black crows. Not really sure what some of them are but they are so pretty. We have a little gray & black finch that makes a nest in our hanging green birdhouse every spring. I am not sure if it is the same bird that comes back every year, but for the past 5 years the same type of bird makes a nest in there. I watch him/her fly in and out bringing twigs and what ever they can find  to make a nest. I have the feeders placed out by the edge of the woods out from my kitchen window so I can watch them while I do dishes. I think the yellow ones are American goldfinches but not for sure.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: