Thursday, March 12, 2009

Photo book

Fed Ex came today! I was so excited to get my package...I made a photo book of some of the snow pictures and had it printed through www.blurb.com Don't know if you have heard of this company but I love their site for photo book printing. In the past I have uploaded my pictures to other sites and made photo books, but I really like blurb. Here are some of the pros I found out about why I love this site.

  • One of the main reasons...once you download their photo book software you work right from that program on your computer and import your pictures from your computer.
  • You do not have to upload each and every photo one at a time to their site, it simply imports your pictures inside the downloaded program and you work on your book at your own pace.
  • Plus it auto saves each page as you go along so you don't have to worry about losing what you just did.
  • You can use any font loaded in your computer for your journaling inside and on the front, back covers & spine.
  • They have tons of templates to choose from and it super easy to drop your pictures right into the template. Then when your all done you upload the entire book to their site, it takes you right there to place an order.
  • Another really cool feature that this site has is for all us "bloggers" out there, you can turn your blog into a book!!! Really easy to do. I might try that too!!

This is a cool way to get lots of pictures in one book, since we take so many pictures through out the year it is nearly impossible to scrapbook them all it would cost you a fortune to print all of your pictures out. I love making mini scrapbook albums but as much as I love making them there are some pictures that you would simply not print for a mini album so this is a good way to get all your pictures in one place. Great idea for Year in Review book. Not to take the place of scrapbook pages but so you could have an overall picture book with all your pictures in one place.

The book below that I ordered is a 8 1/2 x 11 in size, Image wrap hard cover, 32 pages total. The cost was fairly reasonable and comparable with other photo book sites. I paid around $32.00 all together for the book plus shipping. I am very happy with the way it turned out and will be making more in the near future.

IMG_3202  IMG_3207 IMG_3203 IMG_3204

**Now that I have my first book in my hands and am very pleased with the way it turned out I am so ready to make my next book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so need to do this. I have no time for scrapbooking and sold all my stuff but need to get books done. I wish you were closer so you could do my books for me. You are so creative and your stuff looks great! And you have beautiful girls