Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pink & Yellow Moth????????

Well the strangest ~ but most beautiful thing appeared just moments ago..... I went outside to let Earnhardt out to go potty and right outside my front door on the front porch I have two potted plants and as I stepped out my door I looked down and saw a moth........but it was the most beautiful moth I have ever laid my eyes on. I have never seen such a moth this color in my life....I had to run grab my camera and snap these pictures I put my camera on Macro and got very close up. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to touch him and hold him, he was so soft and fuzzy!!!

Has anyone ever seen a moth like this before????

P5272730

 P5272724 P5272727

 P5272728 P5272729

6 comments:

Hokiesleeh said...

It is a Rosy Maple Moth (Dryocampa rubicunda).

Andrea said...

I went out for my birthday dinner on the 17th, and when we came out of the restaurant there was the same moth you saw. I also thought that it was the most beautiful moth I'd ever seen!

Unknown said...

I just went out to water the plants in the front yard and saw this beautiful moth in one of our evergreen bushes. I am in the mountains of North Carolina. I was totally fascinated by seeing it. I am 58 years old and that's the first time I saw such a moth! Of course, I took tons of pictures. I found you in the search for trying to find out what this little critter was.

Sue said...

We just found one here in WV tonite. I have never seen anything like this beautiful moth before.

Unknown said...

this morning after i watched my granddaughter walk to her school bus,i saw this beautiful moth. i googled it and it seems like this little pretty has blessed quite a few with its presence. lucky us. 4/24/2009, clarksville,tn

Anonymous said...

I was doing a search for this month this morning and ran across your blog. My husband found one yesterday and I have never in my life seen such a beautiful moth. we live in Myrtle Beach