Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...mine was very eventful.
As many of you know I had my Mom, Dad, Brother & oldest Niece here for Christmas week.
It was go, go, go from the time they arrived until the day they had to leave. They arrived Saturday before Christmas and we already had to make a trip to Walmart on Sunday.
Christmas Eve night we went to my Mother in laws to do our Christmas with AuntTeresa, Uncle Mike & Grandma. As usual the kids got lots & lots of nice gifts, after leaving Grandma's Santa doesn't really even need to come to our house.

After getting back home on Christmas Eve we were going to cook the turkey overnight so we could do all of the other cooking on Christmas morning after the rush of presents is over. Well that was our plan anyways......when the oven timer beeped at 2:00 a.m. letting us know that the turkey was done, my mom got up to turn the oven off and it would not turn off!!!!!
It was heated at maximum heat and would not shut off....we had to turn off the oven from the breaker. We finally fell back asleep around 3:00ish. got up early morning to see what Santa had brought.

After the presents were all opened, we turned the breaker back on to see if the oven had reset itself and was back working properly.....NOPE!!!!!!!!! It was doing the same thing as soon as you kicked the breaker on the oven heated up to maximum heat and would not turn off no matter what button you press.....do I need to remind you this is Christmas morning and we have lots of cooking to do!! Mom & I had to jump into some clothes, leave the kids at home with the guys and prepare all dishes to load up and drive to my Mother in Law's and use her oven to cook Christmas dinner. Then load it all back up and bring back to my house so we could at least feed everyone back at home and eat our Christmas dinner. If that wasn't enough drama for one day, we cut into the turkey only to find that the turkey never cooked the whole time it should have and was not done, so we had to throw out our turkey.
Could anything else go wrong!!

So you know what that means, the day after Christmas I had to go shopping for a new stove/oven. Finally found one that I liked at Sears but it was not in stock and they couldn't deliever it until the next week. That did me NO good, I need a stove the same day!! So finally they found one that was in stock, a closeout model in the back stock room, but the kicker was Marty was working out of town wed-fri. So we had NO truck to deliver it to my house. We had to leave half of the family at the mall (mom with all of the girls) Dad & Robby loaded the stove in the back of the van in the pouring down rain and deliever it to my house, unload it, then drive back to the mall and pick up mom & the girls. Did I mention it was pouring down rain...

finally we could actually cook at my house again. But we were on the go everyday after that, taking the girls shopping to spend their Christmas money we were not home much, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Then they had to leave Sunday to go back home. :(

Mom & I only managed to squeeze one small trip to Memories Galore on the Saturday before she had to go home, other than that we did not spend much time just the two of us the whole entire trip!!

No comments: